The University Health Service in conjunction with the University Safety and Environment Office organizes standard certificate first-aid Courses for all interested staff.
It is a five and a half day course. The aim is to teach the basic elements of First Aid, the principles of First-Aid with emphasis on practical application and technical details. Simple life saving, such as Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), choking emergency treatment and prudent heart signals during heart attacks will also be taught.
The medium of instruction is Cantonese. Since it comprises a five and a half full day programme, the attendant has to be nominated and endorsed by the respective Department/Unit Heads.
External examination is arranged on completion of the course by either the St. John Ambulance Association or the HK Red Cross. Candidate passing the examination will be awarded a First-Aid Certificate and will be qualified as a First-Aider for three years.
Latest information of first aid course and refresher course can be found in the What’s New.
The First Aider’s list is recorded in http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/useo/safety/spillkit/fiaider.htm
- Principles & Practice of First Aid
- Action in Emergency
- The structure & function of the body Photo of First Aid Class
- Dressings & bandages
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation for adults/infants
- Management of airway in adults & infants
- Wounds, bleeding & circulatory failure
- Shock & fainting
- Injuries to bones
- Injuries to muscles, ligaments & joints
- The nervous system & unconsciousness
- Burns & scalds
- Handling minor miscellaneous conditions
- Procedure at road accidents
- Handling & transportation of injured persons